Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Salers Genetics
1. Calving Ease – Dystocia is a leading cause of calf death. Calving ease of Salers is well documented by extensive research. Increase your profitability with more live Salers calves.
2. Calf Vigour – New research has proven that a vigourous calf that nurses immediately will maintain a health advantage from birth to feedlot.
3. Maternal and Reproduction Performance – Salers cattle have astonishing reproductive ability. Salers cows excel in maternal values such as milk and mothering of their calves.
4. Disposition – Salers breeders are committed to producing quiet and easy-to-handle breeding stock.
5. Hybrid Vigour – By introducing Salers genetics into your herd, heterosis can result in a 15% improvement of performance, improving your herd’s profitability.
6. More Marketable Pounds – With more live calves, better performance and feedlot conversion, your Salers calves will provide you with greater profits.
7. Carcass Values – Salers carcasses have proven to produce more yield and inherent ability to marble. Over the years, the breed has dominated carcass quality competitions.
8. Marketing Options – Whether you are selling replacement females, breeding bulls or marketing steers to feedlots, the Salers breed provides growth, maternal and carcass qualities.
9. Bulls – Salers bulls are known as being aggressive breeders, getting their cows bred regardless of the terrain or conditions thereby providing excellent conception rates.
10. Herd Health – Simply put, with all the reasons to use Salers cattle, you’ll save time, money, labour, and vet bills.